The seeds are derived from its fruit, pumpkin. Aside from the benefits, its fruit has to offer, pumpkin seeds also process a good source of nutrients that improve the health of the body.
Pumpkin seeds are small/edible, flat, oval-shaped green seeds. It can be eaten as a delicious and crunchy snack when removed from its fruit, pumpkin. All that needed to do is rinse it, roast it either with oil/spice or plain.
Pumpkin seed is a good source of protein, iron, calcium, B2, folate, magnesium.
Take a look at the benefits of pumpkin seeds
1. Pumpkin seeds contain tryptophan, zinc and magnesium which will help improve your sleep.
2. The seed is a good source of unsaturated fat, it helps keep the heart healthy and also helps prevent cardiovascular disease.
3. Pumpkin seeds are rich in digestible protein that helps support blood sugar levels.
4. The high zinc content in the seeds help improve sperm quality and fertility in men.
5. Pumpkin seeds help to reduce prostate enlargement, it also treats and prevents urinary disorder.
6. It contains anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce arthritis pain. Pumpkin seed oil is a good remedy for treating pain in the joints.
7. It contains a high amount of antioxidants and phytochemicals which is good for the immune system.