Who doesn’t want to lose weight? We all aim for weight loss, but we want quick results. Noom diet is a digital weight loss program that is psychologically driven. It presents you with certified health coaches who provide cognitive-behavioral therapy, which aids in long-term weight loss results, unlike many other fad diets.
This diet’s specialty is that it provides you how good nutrition impacts weight loos providing you with a long-term and wide-angled approach. Read on to know more about this fantastic diet app.
What Is Noom Diet?
How the Noom Diet app works
What to eat and avoid in the Noom Diet
Can Noom Diet Help You Lose Weight?
Pros of Noom Diet
Cons of the Noom Diet
1-day sample meal plan for Noom Diet
What Is Noom Diet?
Noom, contrary to popular belief, is not a diet plan in the typical sense. That is, there are no off-limits foods or structured eating windows. Think of Noom as a lifestyle change that involves healthy eating, exercise, and other parts of a healthy lifestyle, including sleep and stress management.
However, nutrition plays a significant role in the Noom program, given its essential weight management role. Using the color approach to nutrition, Noom diet labels foods as green, yellow, or red based on their nutrient density.
See More: Improve Brain Health With MIND Diet
How the Noom Diet App Works:
The noom diet app’s working process is almost similar to many other online weight-loss programs at its core. You need to enter information about yourself. The app provides a customized weight-loss plan based on your health status, goals, demographics, and more with an algorithm’s help.
Once you install the app, two options crop up to get “fit for good” or “lose weight for good.” Noom app will provide you a diet plan based on the responses you provide for the quiz. Some of the questions the examination might have are:
- Firstly, to start building a list, you will have to enter your age, sex, height, current weight.
- Secondly, noom app lets you question how much weight you want to lose and your health goals.
- Finally, a series of questions will play a role in the final weight-loss plan, such as your relationships, work-life, what motivates you to lose weight, and many other factors.
- Noom diet also considers many other factors that you might have ignored before, such as brain health, sleep, digestion, and energy levels.
Once you have completed the questionnaire, you can start working towards your health goals with the help of the health coach provided by the noom app. You can use the noom app for the following things:
- You can note the food you eat along with the portion sizes and keep track of it.
- Also, You can track the amount of water you consume.
- And, You can track your exercise.
- You can get logging details of some health details like blood pressure, blood sugar, and heart rate.
- You can stay up to date by taking some quizzes and read health articles.
- Also, You can communicate with your health coach regularly.
What to Eat and Avoid in the Noom Diet:
1. Green Foods:
The category of green foods in a noom diet includes those packed with nutrients and low-calorie density. Try to add as many green foods to your plate as possible. Whole grains, some daily products, fruits, and vegetables are typically classified into this category. Examples of some of the green foods are:
- Low-fat cheese.
- Egg whites.
- Almond milk.
2. Yellow Foods:
When compared to green foods, yellow foods are more calorie-dense. But many of the yellow foods are nutrient-rich. You can include these foods in your diet but not in large quantities. Some of the yellow foods you can add to your plate are:
- Lean meats.
- Chicken breast without skin.
- Canned pineapple.
3. Red Foods:
The foods that may cause problems for you are red foods. You don’t have to stop eating these foods when you are following the noom diet. But you need to remember that consuming these foods may hinder the weight loss you are aiming for. Try to focus on filling your plate with green and yellow foods, limiting red food intake. Example of some of the red foods are:
- Ranch dressing.
Can Noom Diet Help You Lose Weight?
Customized diet plans have always been effective in reducing unnecessary calories in your body. The best example of this type of program is the Noom diet. It considers that many factors, such as lipid profiles, glycemic control, etc., are unique to every person, making your weight loss journey healthy (1).
Regular exercise, tracking your food intake, many other biometric parameters, and the constant support from the Noom app’s coaches make your weight loss process that much more comfortable (2)(3).
According to a study, regular tracking of your weight loss process by logging information into a digital app helps you achieve your weight loss goal in the long-term (4). The Noom app algorithm improves people’s lifestyle by motivating them to stick to healthy habits.
See More: How to Lose Weight on Jenny Craig Diet
Pros of Noom Diet:
- The health coaches in this app are provided a certified four-week training from noom.
- Noom diet provides a psychological approach to how you feel about food. This process will alter your habits, making you healthily lose weight.
- Since this diet’s primary focus is a psychological approach, it brings a fundamental change in your habits. These changes give you long-term results.
- Noom diet promotes whole eating foods that satisfy your taste buds and are also good for your health.
- This app provides all-in-one support in nutritionists, coaches, and accountability about what you eat in one single app.
Cons of the Noom Diet:
- Noom diet might be expensive for some people.
- The language used in this interactive app can be degrading and off-putting for some people.
- The noom diet app provides no video calling approach, as all the support provided is in chats. If you are a person who gets motivated with face-to-face support, this app might not work out.
- The app requires you to provide information about the food you eat, the amount of water you drink, and much other information that requires intense commitment. If you want to extract the money’s worth from this diet plan, then the responsibility is a must, which might be difficult for some.
- The people who support you through chats may not be professionals in nutrition.
1-day Sample Meal Plan for Noom Diet:
- Strawberry infused oatmeal.
- Strawberry-green food.
- Oatmeal-yellow food.
- Grilled chicken breast-5 ounces, a fat-free yogurt dip with slices of orange, strawberry, and apple.
- Chicken-yellow food.
- Fruits-green food
- Collagen water with almonds.
- Almonds-red food.
- Collagen water-green food.
- Low-fat crackers with tuna salad along with a low-fat dressing of raw vegetables.
- Tuna salad-yellow food.
- Low-fat crackers-yellow food.
- Raw vegetables-green food.
Behavioral changes play a crucial role when you want to lose weight healthily. Noom diet provides you the education, tracking provision, constant motivation giving you desirable results. The long-term consequences of this diet are the reason why the Noom diet is gaining popularity. Be sure to let us know how this diet helped you!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is pure research and not equivalent to the doctor’s advice. It is better to consult your doctor before you start following anything new.
1. Is a Diet Plan Provided in the Noom Diet App?
Ans: There is a free trial in the Noom diet, which provides you enough time to get an idea about the diet plan. Once the trial period is completed, you will get a customized diet plan based on your demographic profile.
2. What is the Main Focus of the Noom Diet?
Ans: Based on color-coded systems, the Noom diet focuses on calorie counting. You can log into the app and get guidance from a certified Noom coach. These coaches keep you motivated that help you reach your weight goal.
3. What is the Cost of the Noom Diet App?
Ans: Noom diet helps you check out all the features by providing a 14-day free trial initially. You will be charged $49 per month once the trial period is over.