Ways to respect your self before others respect you
Respecting yourself means giving and defining your own worth and value as a human being.
Respect they say is reciprocal ‘and how you place yourself depends on how people are going to place you. In respecting yourself, you are more worthy of being respected and loved by others. As humans, we all intreat respect not minding our status.
Respect is something that is inevitable when you place yourself well.
Below are ways to build a healthy self respect:
1. Never speak ill of anyone especially behind him. So many people do this and people will never respect you when they discover you have this character.
2. Learn to say no. This is also one of the things that show and attract respect to an individual.
3. Do more of listening than talking.
4. Don’t compare yourself to others. The more you compare your life to someone else’s, the more difficult it becomes to cultivate self-respect.
5. Invest and treat yourself well. Be at the right place at the right time.
6. Stop entertaining gossip about others since you don’t do the same.
7. Always weigh your words and think before you talk and not talk before you think.
8. Be yourself. Dress well and wear what you have. Don’t go extra length to dress and impress people.
9. Speak up when you’re mistreated.
10. Avoid relationships where you are treated like a cheap material and not valued.
11. Avoid hanging out with useless people who are not your type.
12. Always give and respect people.
13. Don’t let other people’s opinions about you control you
14. Treat people exactly as they deserve.
15. Avoid argument especially in public even if you are right. This can lead to public embarrassment.
So it is very impossible for people to respect you if you don’t respect yourself.