1,458 suspects have been arrested by the police in the North West since 28 December 2020 for contraventions relating to the Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown regulations.
The number of suspects arrested are broken down as follows through the Safer Festive Season / Operation “Tlotla Molao” in the province.
- Failure to confine to residences: 625
- Being in a public place without / not wearing a mask: 661
- Sale, dispensing, and distribution of liquor: 115
- Failure to close cinemas / restaurants / faith-based institution: 52
- Carrying of more than 70% of the licensed capacity for long-distance travel by a bus or taxi service: 2
- Exceeding the maximum number of customers and employees by a business: 3