Nutritional Values and Numerous Health Benefits of Eating Crayfish.
The nutrients contained in crayfish makes it good for our everyday diets, as it contains essential nutrients needed by the body, and in some cases, apart from eating crayfish as a food condiments, it can be grounded and use to fortify or complement babies and children ‘s food.
The Health Benefits of Crayfish are as follows:
1. Helps in Weight Loss: Crayfish is very good for those who would want to lose or maintain their weight because it contains low fats as well as traces of carbohydrates. Crayfish helps in making a healthy and nutritious diet. This seafood can go a long way is serving as salads and green vegetables.
2. Helps in Body Building: It contains protein of high-quality and because of this, it is recommended to be a part of our daily diet since adequate protein helps in building and developing the body muscles and tissues. Constant eating of this seafood will really be of great help in repairing the broken cells and also helps in building the new cells.
3. Helps in Maintaining and Body Fluid: Crayfish contain Sodium and potassium which is a very vital nutrient in crayfish. Sodium is well-known to play the role of maintaining and balancing the body’s fluid, but remember that a high intake of sodium leads to an increase in blood pressure (hypertension). While the presence of potassium helps the blood vessels to relax and maintain normal pressure, as well as aid in decreasing the blood pressure by removing sodium.This means that it’s necessary to increase potassium intake in the case where sodium is high in the body since it will help to balance the sodium.
4. Development of Bones: Crayfish is one of the sources of minerals like calcium and magnesium which helps in the development of bones, teeth and the muscle and can help in minimizing the chances of developing bone-related diseases that are caused by calcium and magnesium deficiency. It serves also as a source of iron, daily intake of crayfish which aid in improving the production and circulation of blood in the body and can effectively reduce the chances of developing anemia and other low iron-related health conditions. Thus eating this seafood constantly helps to achieve a healthy bone which helps in reducing the chance of body inflammation as well as joint pain.
5. It Contains A good amount of Iodine: We cannot list the health benefits of crayfish, without mentioning Iodine, seafood is rich in iodine and it plays a major role in the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. Excess intake of iodine-rich foods can cause the thyroid to inflame and might even lead to cancer, while its deficiency leads to goiter. The iodine present in this seafood helps in increasing the level of energy in the body and also of a great help maintaining the body’s immune system.
6. It develops the brain: Crayfish contain omega-3 acids which help greatly in developing the functions of the brain and provides more energy to the brain. Constant intake of crayfish can help to prevent the chance of Alzheimer’s disease. Crayfish is good seafood for growing children because it will help in developing the brain. The omega-3 acids present in the seafood also aids in promoting the cognitive function.
Crayfish is one of the healthy and available seafood in Nigeria and globally, and it is naturally packed with minerals, vitamins and other nutrients which are beneficial to health. Eating crayfish in moderation is the key to gaining all the essential nutrients it contains without been worried about the effects and health conditions that it’s high consumption might cause or trigger. The vitamins present in crayfish play an important role in the body too, as it helps in improving the general wellbeing of the body which includes the skin, eyes and more. Due to great nutrients contained in crayfish, it is indeed a great food to promote the overall body health but when taken excess can lead to high blood pressure and cardiovascular (diseases of the heart).