Bitter leaf is also known as Veronia Amygdalina. In scientific parlance is an aborigine of Africa. It can be cooked, juiced or chewed raw.
Here Are The Health Benefits Of Bitter leaf
- Regular consumption of this vegetable helps fight against SUGARS and bad Acids in the system which are the main causes of cells, and blood vessels inflammations that usually leads to cardiovascular diseases.
- It also regulates Low Density Cholesterol levels in the blood and hence preventing cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks and strokes.
- Bitter leaf is rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Due to the presence of nutrients especially Beta Carotene.
- It controls the synthesis of female sex hormones. This allows women to stay younger and healthy for a longer duration of time.
- Bitter leaf has been shown to significantly lower blood sugar levels. It does not only reduce blood sugar, it also helps to repair the pancreas.
- The plant has been widely used and recognized for its efficacy in preventing malaria. Drinking the juice alone is an antidote for malaria.
- Consumption of the plant is helpful in increasing milk production in breast feeding mothers. It increases appetite in anorexia(loss of appetite).
- It is also useful in treating sleeplessness(insomnia).
- It is used in boosting immune function.
- It can be utilized in the management of coughs.
- It is used in the treatment of helminthiasis(worm infestations).
- Bitter leaf works against constipation.
- Bitter leaf is a fertility inducer.
- There are strong revelations that bitter leaf if incorporated in the diet can slow cancer growth and even kill cancer cells.
TAKING BITTERLEAF FOR TREATMENT:
Strain or pound about 4 – 7 matured leaves, then, strain with about two or three glasses of water, filter out the juice or solution and drink at least one hour before any in the morning.
You may repeat in the afternoon and evening when taking as a treatment, for better results
The post HIDDEN MEDICINAL BENEFITS OF BITTER LEAF appeared first on Health GadgetsNG.