WHAT IS ANTISEPTIC?
Antiseptics are antimicrobial substances that are applied to living tissue/skin to reduce the possibility of infection, sepsis, or putrefaction.
MATERIALS OF PRODUCTION
(1) TEXAPON: It is a surfactant or detergent that forms micelles which allows non polar substance like oils to be dissolved in water. It acts basically the same as many cation of various triglyceride.
(2) PHENOLS: Phenol is an organic compound or solvent that contains the hydroxyl .OH group attached to benzene ring. It is an aromatic compound classified as an alcohol and it is colorless and has sweet odor. Phenol is used in low concentration as a disinfectant in households antiseptic and also in mouth/hand wash.
(3) CHLOROXYLENOL : This chemical is the anti bacteria in antiseptics which kills germs and deduces inflammation. Chloroxylenol is the main antiseptics ingredients in the highest percentage of about 4.8 of the mixture. One has to be very careful when using it because it could cause mild skin irritation such as rash, swelling face,mouth itchy , peeling skin and difficulty in breathing.
(4) ISO PROPYL ALCOHOL (I.P.A) This is a colorless flammable chemical compound with strong odor, it contains an antiseptic effect which gives the antiseptic the ability to kill bacteria and fungi especially when used for wound cleaning.
(5) PINE OIL: Pine oil is gotten from pine tree and is extracted from the cone twigs and needles of the pine tree when the oil is diluted in water, it forms a cloudy liquid, it has a pleasant odor .
(6) CASTOR OIL: This stabilizes the carbolic acid in the antiseptic solution and makes it not to revert to the solid state.
ONE LITRE ANTISEPTIC PRODUCTION
Pine oil. 150ml
Water. 1 litre
PROCURE/STEPS OF PRODUCTION
Step1: Pour Texapon into an empty bowl and dissolved the pine oil in it
Step2: Add the phenol and stir vigorously
Step3: Add chloroxylenol and stir vigorously
Step4: Add IPA stir vigorously
Step5: pour water into the content and stir vigorously
Step6: Add any color of your Choice
Caution do not use any iron bowl to mix ant chemical
Caution do not add acid to water rather add water to acid.