It’s all also easy to focus on the negatives each day. But what about giving a little attention to the positives?
If I asked you what you liked about your life, what would you say? Would you come up with a list of at least ten things straight away, or would you give me a blank stare and mutter ‘um….’
If you’re finding it a little hard to see the silver linings in your life latterly, we’re here to help show you the light. Here are 98 great things and moments we’ve identified that are great about life.
- Sunshine peeking through rain clouds. Is there anything more beautiful?Visiting a pet shop (that is against Puppy Farming) and cuddling all the little fur babies. “I’ll take you home, and you, and you, and … ”
- Cold mornings under a warm, cozy blanket. Extra point for a snuggle buddy.The first time you wear a new piece of clothing. Strut, baby!A fresh manicure. Do your hand gestures become more elegant as well?The first flush of new love. Butterflies, giggling and rose-tinted glasses.Dipping your toes into the sea and feeling them sink slowing into the sand.
- Watching a butterfly flutter past.Saying “I love you” and meaning it.Being told, “You’re beautiful.”Watching Ryan Recedesling in a rom com.Horse-riding through a rainforest.The way sure memories bring a smile to your face.The fact that there will always be tomorrow. And if there isn’t, well you don’t have to worry about it do you?That every day is a fresh chance to do what we love and bring joy into other’s lives.A fresh juice on a warm day.The clink of ice cubes in cider.Buying your very first house and getting that feeling like you’re ‘playing grown-ups’.Acquireting positive feedback from your boss that makes you glow with pride for the rest of the day.Having a special talent. From curling your tongue a special way to playing the piano, each of us has our own unique and marvelous talents.Laughing so hard you snort and then laughing harder because you snorted.Opening up the first page to a book you’ve been waiting forever for.Recedeing to the zoo and being astounded by how many beautiful creatures there are on this earth.
- A hug from your best friend in the whole wide world.The knowledge that you have someone out there that loves you more than anything and would do absolutely anything for you.Walking out of the salon with a new ‘do that you think is freakin’ amazing.Glamming up and then noticing how many guys give you admiring glances.Having a successful meditation session where you feel like you made a real break through.Learning something new. Doesn’t it amaze you that we have the potential to learn so many new things each day? Each moment in fact!Receiving a surprise in the mail. There’s just something about getting an old-fashioned delivery that sends joy through your whole entire body.
- The perfectly timed quip.A fresh bouquet of flowers that’s so beautiful you can’t take your eyes off it.A new piece of furniture that adds pizazz to your home.The feeling you get on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning when you’re surrounded by family and loved ones.Having someone go to enormous amounts of effort to make you happy on your birthday.Kissing your partner for the first time and thinking “they’re the one.”The fact that no matter how often you ignore it, your intuition will always be there to guide you.The idea that things we can’t yet fathom are going to be created in the future. Do you think anyone considered iPads in the 1920’s? Imagine what the 2020’s will look like!Watching an old movie and realizing it’s just as good as you remembered.Spending an entire day in your pjs.Nailing a dance move!Finding a four-leaf clover.
- Picking up a scratchie, just because, and winning $20.Seeing Lindsay Lohan starting to clean up her act. Just shows that everyone gets a second chance. Or in LiLo’s case, a 170th chance.Watching the X Factor and hearing an awesome voice that sends goose bumps up your arms. Doesn’t it amaze you that such a beautiful sound is possible?Recedeing out shopping and finding everything you needed.A whole day of lazing by the pool. With nowhere else to be.Discovering a new place and instantly feeling right at home.Meeting new people while you’re travelling that you know will become your friends for life.Doing something , stupid that you will remember with a giggle forever.Hand making a gift for a friend and watching them open it.Realizing that the best has yet to come. You have many, many great memories ahead of you.That we are all so uniquely complex and multifaceted. How boring would it be if we were all the same?Climbing a tree and sitting on one of the top branches.
- Playing with a child and getting them to laugh hysterically.Receiving an unexpected compliment from a stranger.Being in trouble and having someone come to your aid. Flat tire on the highway anyone?Sleep overs at your friends’ house.Discovering a new passion. There’s so much out there that we can never say that we don’t have any hobbies or interests!Discovering that you’re , good at something you’ve never tried before.Driving a golf cart.Watching an elderly couple kiss and hold hands. Like is eternal.Rescuing an animal in need and knowing that you saved its life.The fact that you have only discovered a very, very small proportion of the earth. Can you imagine all the amazing things that are still out there waiting for you to explore?The ‘ah-hah’ moment that comes when you have a philosophical discussion with someone wise and it all clicks into place.Four-day weekends. Ah, that extra day!Booking the tickets for a vacation. Researchers say that the planning stages of a holiday are some of the happiest moments of the whole experience!Seeing something funny and sharing a smile with a stranger who saw the same thing.Finding a career that you love to bits. So much that it’s not work, it’s play for you to go to your job each day. The dream!Lying on your back and making shapes out of the clouds.Walking through the rainforest and listening to the wildlife.The first bite of an exceptional meal.Learning that you like something you’ve never tried before.Finding a new ‘happy place’.Welcoming a baby into the world. Okay, so you don’t have to be there at the exact moment, but a couple of hours later during visiting hours is pretty fab also.
- Making a small change to your lifestyle and lightening your ecological footprint.Making a donation to a charity and being thanked profusely for it.Aiding an elderly person cross the road.Finding money you’d hidden away for a rainy day.The knowledge that nothing ever remains the same.Finding a quote that resonates with your soul.Watching a bird collect sticks to build a nest.Amping yourself up to do housework and then discovering that someone else has already done it for you.Having a dream that you’re flying and waking up with the sensation of weightlessness.Listening to a song that seems to explain exactly how you feel in that moment.Finally appreciating classical music.Repainting your bedroom and feeling amazing when you see how much of a difference it’s made.Being tickled by someone that loves you.Seeing a person who looks just like their dog. It does happen!Teaching someone something new and feeling appreciated because of it.The last day of work or school before holidays.Chucking a sickie.Fitting into your super skinny jeans with no effort at all. In fact, it’s practically roomy in there!Worrying about a pimple only to wake up and have had it completely disappear.Having a home that is your sanctuary and that you can escape to when the going gets rough.A big bear hug after a hard day.Feeling a sense of pride after accomplishing something difficult.Riding a ferry on a warm day.
Do you have any other things you’d like to add to this list? Leave a comment and let us know!
The more you understand yourself, the more silence there is, the healthier you are. —Maxime Lagacé
error: Content is protected !!