Do you find vegetable chopping the hardest chore in the kitchen? Do you end up spending more time in cutting and dicing them than on the actual cooking itself? We can relate to it so well! The good news is that there are so many advanced Vegetable Choppers in the market which can simplify this task for you!
These super machines can chop up your onions (minus the crying), herbs, tomatoes, carrots and much more in just a few seconds. Time to throw away those knives and get home these amazing Vegetable cutters to whip a great meal without much ordeal!
How to Buy the Right Vegetable Chopper For Your Requirement?
With so many products in the market, you are likely to get confused as to which one best fits your bill! To help you buy the best one for your specification and budget, we have come up with a mini-guide to buying a vegetable chopper:
1. Types of Vegetable Choppers:
Vegetable choppers come in two basic varieties – Manual and Automatic.
- Manual ones with as a set of different blades and attachments to cut different types of vegetables using your hand. These are good for chopping small to medium batches of veggies as it involves manual labour.
- Automatic vegetable choppers run on electricity. They are advanced machines which perform all the tasks for you – from peeling to deseeding and fine chopping. These gadgets are ideal for those who cannot handle manual choppers due to joint problems, lack of time or have to process large batches of veggies.
Machines that handle food must be made with safe and approved materials. Read the labels carefully to know if your vegetable chopper is made with BPA (Bisphenol-An) Free Plastic. BPA is a harmful material which can get into your food and ultimately your bodies. If possible, try to use metal, glass or silicon choppers which are slightly expensive than plastic ones, but are worth the price!
3. Blades and Attachments:
The advantage of a vegetable chopper is its ability to deliver different types of choppings. This is possible because of the wide variety of attachments and blades that come in the set. Make sure that the blades are razor sharp and made with rustproof stainless material. Also, check that the blades you get to cover most of the veggies you regularly use which range from soft to hard ones.
Remember that the primary purpose of buying this gadget is to save time. So, make sure that the chopper is easy to clean and is also dishwasher safe. The blades must also be removable so that you can clean them quickly.
Ofcourse, you cannot ignore this aspect, can you? If budget is a problem, then manual choppers are ideal for you. However, if you wish to spend a little more for that extra comfort, then we highly recommend automatic choppers. Do compare the models with competitor brands before making a purchase.
10 Latest Vegetable Choppers in India, 2021:
We know you can’t wait to explore this list of best-rated Vegetable Choppers available in India:
1. Amazon Brand – Solimo 500 ml Large Vegetable Chopper:
There are pretty good reasons why this Manual Vegetable chopper has such high demand! It costs below 300 rupees but does the job of a high-tech gadget. It is equipped with three sharp blades for precision cutting and chopping. The high-grade plastic material and 4 locks on the lid ensures the safety and zero spillages. The machine is operated using a pulley mechanism to control the level of chopping. This easy to clean machine has a 500ml capacity and can be stored conveniently in your kitchen.
- Suitable Vegetables – Onions, Chillies. Herbs, Tomatoes, Capsicum, Cucumber etc.
- Color – Green
- Dimension – 13.5 cm x 13.5 cm x 9cm
- Weight – 220gm
- Handy machine that can be used and cleaned easily
- Requires minimal manual effort
- High precision cut especially with onions and chillies
- You can control the force to get the desired level of chopping.
- Budget Buy
- Doesn’t work for hard vegetables like carrots, radish etc.
- No attachments for slicing, shredding etc.
- You can only process a limited quantity of vegetables at a time.
- The string is delicate and can snap if handled in the wrong way.
2. Home Puff 5 Blades Vegetable Chopper, Cutter with Storage Lid:
This 5 blade vegetable chopper from Home Puff guarantees a hassle-free experience in your kitchen. It needs no electricity to operate. Each pull is equivalent to 36 cuts using your knife, which shows the amount of time and effort you are likely to save with this gadget. The body is made with BPA-free plastic, and the base comes with anti-skid pads to prevent the machine from slipping away. You can even remove the blades and store the cut veggies using the lid provided.
- Capacity- 900ml
- Suitable Vegetables – Onions, Herbs, All salad vegetables, Boneless Meat, Fruits Etc.
- Color – Grey
- Dimension – 13 cm x 13.2 cm x 15 cm
- Weight – 390 gm
- Ideal for chopping different types of vegetables
- 5 blades allow faster processing of veggies
- Strong Nylong thread to prevent accidental snapping
- BPA-Free Material
- Travel-Friendly device
- You have to pull for a long time to get even sized chopping.
- Blades are too sharp and can cut your fingers while cleaning.
3. Ganesh Plastic Vegetable and Fruit Chopper:
If you are looking for a device that can dice your potatoes, carrots, onions and other vegetables in small cubes, then go for this one. Ganesh Vegetable and Fruit Chopper comes with a plastic box with a lid and 3-4 attachments. Depending on the type of vegetable and the size of the cut you desire, you can insert the blade attachment and press the lid hard to get even sized choppings. All basic operations, like cutting, chopping, peeling, shredding etc., can be performed with this machine.
- Suitable Vegetables – Hard veggies like Potatoes, Capsicum, Onions, Pineapple, Apples etc.
- Color – Red
- Dimension – 26.8 x 12.8 x 8.8 cm
- Weight – 1 Kg
- Very easy to use
- Involves no major manual effort
- Can give precision chopping in very less time
- A versatile device that can handle multiple food items
- Blades get stuck when you put in large chunks of vegetables.
- Pieces tend to look uneven.
4. Prestige PEC 3.0 Electric Chopper:
This Prestige Vegetable Chopper works on electricity and has a powerful motor to operate the blades. The device comes with a plastic container, a whipper and stainless steel twin blades and a motor unit on top. Just put in the desired vegetables, switch on the unit and gently press the motor unit to unfold magic. The PEC 3.0 motor silently does its job while you focus on other important tasks in your kitchen.
- Suitable Vegetables – Onions, Carrots, Cucumbers, Whip Cream, Fruits, Nuts
- Color – White
- Dimension – 14 x 14 x 26 cm
- Compact device that is easy to use
- Blades are sharp and work well with potatoes, onions etc.
- Variety of attachments give you the option to choose the size and shape.
- Affordable pricing
- Convenient Push-to-clean button mechanism
- Doesn’t work for soft vegetables like tomatoes
- You need to put in some effort in pressing the veggies hard for even cut.
5. Pigeon Handy Chopper Pro Large:
Another best-selling manual vegetable chopper comes from the Pigeon, one of India’s most trusted brands. This large chopper comes with a unique ergonomic handle design that gives it a better advantage than its competitors. It has 3 blades, which makes it perfect for chopping medium-sized onions, carrots etc. The body is made with premium quality plastic and a sturdy lid to avoid contents from spilling out.
- Suitable Vegetables – Onions, Carrots, Cucumbers, Chillies etc.
- Color – Grey
- Dimension – 14.8 x 12.8 x 13.5 cm
- Weight –367 gm
- Holds a good quantity of vegetables
- Easy to use a handle
- Hassle-free cleaning
- Blades are sharp and of nice quality.
- The body is delicate and prone to breakages.
- Pricey when compared to competitors products
6. Artikel Chopper & Blender with Storage Lid:
Here is another popular vegetable chopper from Artikel. This device has an edge on the others in terms of looks, sturdy BPA-Free body and versatility. It comes with sharp stainless steel blades for chopping and mincing vegetables and meat. Along with that, you also get a swift blending blade for beating eggs and flour. The manual chopper also comes with a storage lid and anti-skid base for convenience.
- Capacity – 900 ml
- Suitable Vegetables – Vegetables, Fruits, Meat, nuts, eggs
- Color – Grey and Orange
- Dimension – 13 x 13 x 15 cm
- Weight – 350 gm
- Has premium looks
- The body is very sturdy and doesn’t slip off.
- You can try coarse to fine chop by increasing the number of pulls.
- Comes with a storage lid
- The pricey piece compared to competitors.
- Had only 2 blades which makes it difficult to process big chunks of vegetables
[See More: Best Vegetables for Weight Loss]
7. Brayden Chopro 300 W Electric Vegetable Chopper:
This advanced automatic vegetable chopper from Brayden is a boon to people who have tight schedules. The powerful 300 W motorised device with Bilevel AERO 4 blades can finish all your vegetable prep in just a few seconds. The 500ml cylindrical bowl holds large chunks of vegetables which comes out as fine minces for that perfect salad or curry.
- Capacity – 500 ml
- Suitable Vegetables – Vegetables, Fruits, Meat, Nuts,
- Color – Black
- Dimension – 22.2 x 13.8 x 13.6 cm
- Weight – 980 gm
- Powerful 300 W motorised device
- Top press system cuts out manual work.
- Can be used for chopping, mincing and pureeing
- Anti-Skid Mesh base to prevent the device from slipping
- Product has a delicate body which must be handled with care.
8. Butterfly Premium Vegetable Chopper:
If you are looking for a compact-sized Onion chopper, then go for this manual one from butterfly. The sleek and sophisticiated machine works on a pulley system which triggers the three stainless steel blades inside. The unbreakable ABS plastic body is designed for everyday rough and tough use. The lid comes with a compact locking system to keep the contents secured inside.
- Capacity – 600 ml
- Suitable Vegetables – Onions, Tomatoes, Carrots, etc.
- Color – Black
- Dimension – 10 x 12 x 10 cm
- Weight – 350 gm
- Travel-Friendly device
- Easy to use, clean ad store
- Flat blades allow even chopping of vegetables.
- Drawstring is sturdy
- Priced on a higher side
- Designed for small quantity only (Choose 900ml if you want a higher outcome in one go)
9. Slings Kitchen Onion, Chilly, Dry Fruit & Vegetable Cutter:
This manual vegetable chopper from Slings Kitchen is ideal for those who do not want a pulley or drawstring mechanism. The non-slip container has a tray with sharp blades and an attached handle. Simply throw in the vegetables and rotate the handle. The finely chopped vegetable pieces get into the container’s base. You can detach the upper part and use the lid provided to store the contents.
- Suitable Vegetables – Chillies, Onion, Dry Fruits etc.
- Color – Yellow
- Dimension – 10 x 10 x 17 cm
- Weight – 150 gm
- Lightweight device
- Works well for onions and chillies
- Rotating handle is smooth and doesn’t hurt your joints.
- Anti-skid base
- Easy to clean and store
- Not suitable for a lot of vegetables like tomatoes as the blades crush them into a watery mash.
- The body is not very sturdy.
10. iBELL VC510SG Twin Blade Electric Vegetable Cutter/Chopper:
This sleek and sophisticated automatic vegetable chopper from iBell is rated one of the best in the market. The twin blade is designed in a unique S-shape for optimal coverage of vegetables. This way, you can get an even, precision cut that enhances the taste of your dishes. It comes with a push to chop button, a leak-proof container and a super-efficient copper motor.
- Capacity: 600 ml
- Suitable Vegetables – Onions, HerbsTomatoes, Carrots, Boneless Meat etc.
- Color – Maroon
- Dimension – 24 x 12 x 12 cm
- Weight – 1 Kg
- Simple and Easy to Use
- Can process most vegetables we use daily
- You can control the level of mince with the push button.
- Efficient motor
What are the Benefits of A Vegetable Chopper?
So, are these machines worth an investment? Read on to know the top 3 benefits of a vegetable chopper to know the answer:
- Saves plenty of time! These gadgets are a boon to men and women who have very busy schedules and cannot afford to spend a lot of time chopping veggies.
- They chop your vegetables really fine, which reduces the overall cooking time and enhances the taste of your dish.
- No more tears while cutting onions. These machines can cut, dice or mince them for you in a jiffy without making you cry.
How to Use a Vegetable Chopper Properly?
Many people treat vegetable choppers as a 100% replacement for manual effort. However, this is not true. You cannot throw in a whole onion with its peel on and expect the machine to deliver fine pieces. Here are some tips to follow while using a vegetable chopper to ensure you get the desired outcome, along with preventing the device from getting damaged:
- When using Vegetables like onions, carrots, cucumbers etc., peel them well.
- Cut them into large chunks instead of putting them whole (unless the machine is equipped to do so).
- Depending on the container’s capacity, you can use a maximum of 3-4 vegetables at one go.
- Overloading the chopper can not only result in poorly cut veggies but also broken blades
- For Manual choppers, use 2-3 pulls for a coarse chop and 8-10 pulls for mincing *
- If you are using an automatic chopper, push the button 2-3 times for coarse chop and 7-8 times for fine chop.
* may vary with the type of chopper, model and capacity
How to Clean Vegetable Choppers?
Follow these steps to clean your vegetable choppers neatly and store it for future use:
- Once you are done with chopping, scoop out all the vegetable pieces using a spoon or a spatula.
- Remove the blade and place it under running water.
- Detach the container and place it under tap water. You can use mild dishwashing liquid to remove strong smells or reside.
- Use a clean cloth to soak up the excess water from the container.
- Once all the parts are dry, assemble them and store it carefully away from children.
- AVOID TOUCHING THE BLADE WITH BARE HANDS. Chopper blades are very sharp and can cause serious cuts if you try to clean them with your fingers.
- If you are using an automatic chopper, place the motor away from water.
Now that you got introduced to these fantastic Vegetable choppers, you can put all your worries to rest! No more spending hours in chopping veggies or hiring someone to do it! Simply invest in these gadgets, follow the steps to get all your prep done in just a few minutes. So, time to enjoy a hassle-free chopping experience!